Monday, January 2, 2012

My Hermes Scarves - 90cm

I finally took time to "archive" all I have. I started buying 90cm Hermes scarves in 2005, and over the years, I've bought eighteen of them.

The Hermes 90cm scarves are the most versatile, in my opinion. They are suitable for an indoor, work environment, yet one can easily wear them in the winter, perhaps cowboy style.

Each scarf is a work of art, and to pick the right design and colorway is always tricky. My advice to new collectors is to try them on! Colors are fun, but certain colors could make people look "ill". Understanding what colors work for our skin tones is the most important.

The second thought I'd like to share is to wear the scarves. Sounds simple, right? But many people don't even remember what they have. So I figured out my own "system" to make it work: a tie rack.

Here is how it looks:



Now, let me introduce the scarves:
Hola Flamenca by Dimitri Rybalchenko


  
Brides de Gala en Finesse by Hugo Grygkar

Au fil du Carré by Annie Faivre







L'Art du Temari by Nathalie Vialars

Ex-Libris en Kimonos by Anamorphee
Love the Kimonos reference

A different colorway

Nuées Imaginaires by Christine Henry



Sichuan by Robert Dallet




Fleurs d'Indiennes by Aline Honore


Again, a different colorway


Jardins de la Nouvelle Angleterre by Laurence Bourthoumieux




La Vie du Grand Nord by Aline Honore



Ballade de Heian by Natsuno Hidaka



Pelages et Camouflage by Aline Honore

Chasse en Inde by Michel Duchene




A second colorway




Guepards by Robert Dallet


Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident by Zoe Pauwels


10 comments:

  1. loving all your scarves!!!!!!!!!!!!
    do you have any shawls? any thoughts about it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have not bought any shawls yet, but I'm waiting for one. It's more difficult to buy shawls because the inventory and color selections are more limited. I do have a few on my wishlist though.
    They are nice, but delicate. The cashmere and silk blend will pull sooner or later with wear and tear, so be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a divine selection you have : I would love to own any one of them. But you have a couple there which are just amazing ...
    Ballade de Heian What a gem . It commands exorbitant prices .
    Guepards Again, so lovely. Those colours .

    I love seeing collections of H scarves: my own is starting to look very blue and orange , this has made me think of possibilities ahead !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so lucky to be able to wear orange, which is a color I can never pull off. Buying Hermes scarves is a journey, and I'm having great fun playing with colors.
      Ballade de Heian was indeed a gem. It took my SA several weeks to find one. I was very lucky.
      I'd love to see your collection. Are you on TPF?

      Delete
  4. I'm frou frou on TPF : when I started getting nto blogs I thought I needed a different name for each!
    Are you on TPF ? I'll look out for you there ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection. And I totally agree that (with a few exceptions) we should endeavor to wear, rather than just collect, our scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I actually have the habit of selling/donating things I don't wear often. So normally when I need to decide on an outfit, I would just stand in my closet, and look around to see which piece I haven't touched for a while...:)

      Delete
  6. Your collection is beautiful !
    It is always a pleasure to see the H scarves collection of someone.
    Like you, I collect H scarves. We are twins on Ex-Libris en Camouflage and cousins on Fleurs d'Indienne, Guépards and Pelages et Camouflages.
    If you want to have a look on my blog about H scarves, here is the link :
    http://thescarfmoodistcollection.blogspot.com/
    A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collection, especially the nuees imaginaires in that color way.

    I also like how you swirl your scarves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your collection of scarves, especially the red scarves in that color way is very attractive.
    sciarpe

    ReplyDelete