Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hermes Cent Plis des Miao cashmere/silk shawl

I was late to the game.

In one of the bitter-cold winter days, I stared at myself in the mirror, in my usual winter black, realizing that I needed some color, desperately.

It was right before Christmas, and my trustworthy boutique only had a few designs. I tried all, exhausted my dear SA, but nothing made my heart sing.

Until I saw this hot pink shawl on Hermes.com. Then I realized that it was a design from 2010, and brick and mortar stores no longer carried them. So here it is, my first H item from the website. Did I also mention that it was my first Hermes Shawl?

Cent Plis des Miao features a "one hundred pleats" skirt from the Miao minority group, mostly living in Guizhou, China.  In this design, a skirt is laid flat, with folk art references. 

"Hearts and Crafts", an Hermes film, features this particular detail

This look perfectly soften my black Burberry coat

A perfect couple with my Tosca 30cm Birkin

My heart sings

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful choice for your first shawl , and amazing luck that H had it on line .
    You'll find that it's your go to piece I'm sure : in the Winter I find it hard to wear anything else What I really love is that they look great with a black dress or smart jeans in the evening when I find the 90cm silk too straightlaced .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Estrella. I found it a little more difficult to find the perfect shawl though as Hermes doesn't provide as many CWs as silks. (Might not be a bad thing :p )

      Delete
  2. I think your shawl is lovely. I intended to buy one, until i saw the cashmere and wool poncho's with calf skin trim and tassels! The leather trim is very much like barenia, and the price was LESS that the shawls; and WAY more wearable.
    Very chic. So chic, as a matter of fact, I bought two!
    I'm surprised that none of the Purse Forum members have jumped on these fabulous poncho's? They are perfect for travel, and times when you just need a sweater, or shawl tossed over your shoulder.
    The Purse Forum Hermes ladies really missed the ball on these, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very tempting! Do you have a picture LOL? I have not seen one IRL, and perhaps TPF missed them because they are less available? Now I have to go search for one. Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete