Saturday, February 9, 2013

Balenciaga Derby Buckle Boots

Gradually warming up to those Derby boots in the past two years, I finally decided to give them a try - dare I say that I was sold right there and then?
The boots are extremely well made. While the making of Manolos have clearly gone downhill in the past years, Balenciaga appeared to stick with their fine quality. All the hardware pieces feel very solid, and the little tabs have magnet to hold them in place. More importantly, for a pair of boots with stiff leather (as they are supposed to), the entire interior is lined with cushy cotton padding.

A pair of tough boots call for girly pieces to match, so let's try different ways to wear them:

I just got hold of Jcrew's tipped boy shirt - I like the reference of a little PJ, especially in the navy version.  The shawl is Pique Fleuri de Provence, a cute folklore design from Hermes.
A floral dress is always a good choice, but while the northeast US is suffering from a mass snow storm, let's stick with layers for now -  I promise to show some dress looks when it gets warmer.
The little cute cardigan is from Sacai Luck. The bias cut and the lace back caught my eyes from 10 yards away at Barneys, so they came home with me.

For now, stay warm my friends ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment