Sunday, October 2, 2005

Finding my ultimate Chanel outfit (Part 1)

Within thirty minutes, my world changed completely from never-ending spreadsheets and deals to ultimate glamour and joy.

Here I am. Greeted by the doorman at the Chanel boutique, I entered with the most elegant steps that I could manage. It was a Chanel-Elle event that provided Chanel customers with the latest trend and style consultation. Although I remembered every single outfit shown in the trunk show, I had never worked with a stylist before. I wanted to push my limit, experiment with the countless possibilities, and find my ultimate Chanel outfit.

I did my homework before the event. I browsed the runway pictures again to memorize the items that I would like to try on. Then I started thinking of my outfit for the event. I was planning to wear my black and white Chanel cardigan jacket (my only Chanel jacket) to the event paired with a Benetton black chiffon A-line skirt and a pair of Prada stretchy boots. When I put on the entire outfit on Thursday morning, however, I realized that I couldn't go to work with my "party" outfit. I was so frustrated and I wished the event were on the weekend.

Luckily I had a plan B and I budgeted extra time in the morning: I switched to a white Prada stretchy shirt and a Prada print pencil skirt from a couple of seasons back. A pair of black Bruno Magli black sling backs completed the hourglass look.

My hard work in front of the mirror paid off. I blended in the office despite a few compliments from the girls. More importantly, my grand entrance was wowed in the boutique. A customer even touched my skirt because she thought that it was cut out instead of prints. Great job Miuccia!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any pictures of your prada outfit?

    ReplyDelete